Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Class --- Practical Landscape Design

If you want a practical tutorial on plants, sign up for my course.

This March, I will launch my course (Practical Landscape Design) at Northern Virginia Community College (Alexandria Campus) through the Work Force Development Program.

A year ago, I taught the course in the City of Alexandria Adult & Community Education Program.

I bring plants or parts thereof to class so show students "what is showing in the landscape now." One class session is spent walking the grounds of Merrifield Garden Center -- Northern Virginia's largest nursery. Another is at a residential landscape or public arboretum.

To register:

Northern Virginia Community College (Work Force Development Program) -- Alexandria Campus -- call 703.845.6328 or visit: nvcc.edu/wdce/alexandria

City of Alexandria Adult & Community Education, call 703.824.6845 or visit: communityed@acps.k12.va.us

No comments: